The first Pioneer Club formed in 1957 and became affiliated with the Yost Chapter of Northwestern Bell. As the membership grew they became a council named Arthur B. Goetze in 1959 under the Yost Chapter. In 1978, with 1,872 members, the council petitioned the Association to become a chapter. In June of 1978 the chapter was granted and became the Cornhusker Chapter. The Pioneers remained a chapter under AT&T. Lucent Technologies reorganized the Pioneers and they were given the name Heartland Council of the New Outlook Region. When the Omaha Works was spun off to Avaya they quit supporting the Pioneer organization. At that time the Omaha Works became a self sponsored Pioneer group with no financial support which brings us to today.